Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The War (1994)

One of my favorite movies that I just loved and clicked with was The War, I thought the name was kind of dumb and only watched it really because I like Kevin Costner.

The movie is about Costner a Vietnam vet who returns home and ends up in another sort of war that is between his son and his friends and another bad apple group of kids. he also is dealing with his problems due to the war and also not being able to find a job.

I just love the story and thought it had a really cool message and another fantastic performance by Elijah Wood. I started this topic to get some comments on this movie from those who have seen it. I have not watched it in years but put on the DVD recently so decided to start this topic.

Uploaded files:
  • thewar.jpg

A nice little movie I have not seen or thought about it for years, Elijah Wood was very good in this movie but then again he was good in all his movies, terrific child and teen actor.

I have never seen this film, I remember when it was out but I had no inclination to see it then, I might just check it out now years later.

I have seen this on DVD, we have it bought it for 5 bucks in Walmart cheap bin but it is a cool movie I liked it. I actually got it because Elijah Wood is in it.

I love this movie which is helped by how much I loved Elijah Wood in his child and teen star roles.

I love this, Elijah Wood has a way that you always feel sorry for him in his movies he is always so nice and has that look on his face that gets pity. 🙂

It was an ok movie, nothing to write home about but once more Elijah Wood was outstanding he is one of the top child actors of the 90s.

The War is a very good movie, not a great movie but very good and enjoyable with some good lessons ingrained.

Quote from Wincott on August 1, 2020, 8:03 pm

It was an ok movie, nothing to write home about but once more Elijah Wood was outstanding he is one of the top child actors of the 90s.

Can you say a bit more why you feel that way? I am interested because you are one of the people here that seem to have a good feel about movies.

I am curious as I really liked this movie when I first saw it at about age 12.

I love all Elijah Wood movies when he was a child and teen actor and "The War" is another good one.