Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Tree of Life (2011)

I like "The Tree of Life" it is the first time I saw Tye Sheridan and I guess that is because it is his first movie at 15 so he was not a child star and started in the mid-teens.  I actually wanted to see it because I like Brad Pitt and Sean Penn and also ended up a fan of Tye Sheridan.

The movie as on IMDB is The story of a family in Waco, Texas in 1956. The eldest son witnesses the loss of innocence and struggles with his parents' conflicting teachings.

Who else liked this movie?

Uploaded files:
  • the-tree-of-life-movie-poster-terrence-malick.jpg

The Tree of Life is the only movie Tye Sheridan is in that I have not watched, I am going to have to set some time and watch it. My favorite movie by him is "Mud."

Never seen it, don't sound like my cup of tea but I do like Tye Sheridan but I skipped this his first movie.

Tye Sheridan rocks, seen every one of his movies so far except for Dark Phoenix. The Tree of Life was very interesting but not my favorite of his movies.

Told in four different acts of about 40 minutes each the film is well acted but these acts all come across as quite disjointed even though they all have the same basic theme.

My opinion on The Tree of Life was that it as a muddled mess.

Complete and utter rubbish.

Boring, could not even finish the DVD.

Quote from Skater on June 28, 2019, 10:15 pm

It is not my cup of tea when I read what it is about.

Quote from Skater on June 28, 2019, 10:15 pm

What are you know 17 or so as you are the same guy from over at TSO, I can see not many teens or kids liking this movie, not geared to them and much too complex and unevenly woven together.