Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Best Child Performances in Movie History

Quote from Navy Boy on March 13, 2019, 11:13 am

How about Harry Eden as Paul in "Pure" (2002) where he plays a young boy trying to deal with his mother's heroin addiction.

I don't claim to know much about good acting but when an acting job seems so real to me that is good.

Bingo, another good call and one that I also forgot about that kid was outstanding in that movie, not an easy movie to watch at all but a standout performance by Harry Eden.

I forgot about this one completely Quinn Cummings in 1977's "The Goodbye Girl," she was about 9 or 10 at the time and she was fantastic in that romantic comedy.

Quote from Baumgartner on April 8, 2019, 2:21 pm

I forgot about this one completely Quinn Cummings in 1977's "The Goodbye Girl," she was about 9 or 10 at the time and she was fantastic in that romantic comedy.

That goes back but a good choice and I also forgot about that Oscar-nominated performance from that young girl.

Ah, another great choice and one I long forgot about, she was awesome and the Oscar nod proved it.

She was so good she got that supporting Oscar nomination, that is actually a funny movie the entire cast is great Richard Dreyfuss is excellent coming off his role 2 years previously in the hit "Jaws" and also the same year as The Goodbye Girl starring in another hit in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Dreyfuss was a big-time star back in the 70's he also was good in 1974s The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz.

She deserves to be mention in a list like this, the original article did not even mention her but how can you omit a child actress that was nominated for an Oscar.

I am going to try and see this, I actually never heard of it before this but your recommendations have been great so far on this site.