A retro look back at the former child and teen stars that were previously featured on the pages of Teen Stars Online.

Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Seaquest DSV

Page 1 of 3Next

Another show that was very good in the first season and then the Network messed with it and turned it into a joke, the first season of Seaquest DSV seemed to deal with fact-based issues and later turned to just a silly underwater romp.

I mentioned the show here because it featured the at that time 17-year-old Jonathan Brandis who played the role of  Lucas Wolenczak. The premise of the show was that in the early 21st century, mankind has colonized the oceans. The United Earth Oceans Organization enlists Captain Nathan Bridger and the submarine SeaQuest DSV to keep the peace and explore the last frontier on Earth. Sounds like Star Trek right? well yes, Star Trek under the water. It was inexplicably renamed  Seaquest 2032  for the final season.

If you must go on a quest to see this, watch season one and then if you like Ocean adventure find "Sea Hunt" or "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea."

Uploaded files:
  • seaquest.jpg

Some think this is the greatest series ever *cough* the fangirls of Brandis aside, the first season was very good and the second was a disaster where 4 key characters just disappeared I mean WTF?

An obvious under seas version of Star Trek right down to the Federation and the Captain I mean how obvious, the show is highly overrated by many.

Rubbish show.

It is worth watching alone just to look at Jonathan Brandis.  RIP

I love season one, watched the entire series but I agree the first season was awesome.

I get the hate but I am a big fan of sci-fi and Star Trek so I liked the series but I did like season one a lot more than I did the rest of the series as I agree it did get into silliness over serious plausible science facts.

I Coulda Been a Contender.

Not the greatest after season one but I loved it because I like sci-fi and space and underwater are my things, and I have seen Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea by the way and it is awesome have the DVD set.

Like most I loved season one, two was a disaster and it did get a bit better in season 3 but all in all, they ruined it after the first season.

I agree with the comment and I would also rather watch the 60s Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Not a sci-fi fan but I love Jonathan Brandis after I discovered him, the show ran and ended before I was born.

I have never seen this show, I know nothing about it at all.

Page 1 of 3Next
Don`t copy text!
x  Powerful Protection for WordPress, from Shield Security
This Site Is Protected By
ShieldPRO