Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Quinn Cummings

Quinn Cummings is a former child actress who might be best known for her role of Lucy McFadden in Neil Simon's 1977 romantic comedy The Goodbye Girl.

She first kicked things off by playing Ginger Smith in the 1975 TV series Big Eddie for 10 episodes and later starred in the TV movie Jeremiah of Jacob's Neck (1976) and that same year guest starred on the hit series The Six Million Dollar Man.

She was busy in 1977 where along with her The Goodbye Girl role appeared in the TV movies "Night Drive" and Intimate Strangers and guest roles on the series "Visions" and "Police Woman."

Through her career, she appeared on other TV series such as Starsky and Hutch, Baretta and The Love Boat. She had regular series roles on "Family" and Hail to the Chief. She has no credits after 1991 when she played Millie on the TV series "Blossom."

Quinn's crowning glory was her The Goodbye Girl role where she was nothing short of outstanding earning an Oscar nomination for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, she later went on to win the Young Artist Award in 1981 for Best Young Actress in a Television Series for her role on "Family"

Uploaded files:
  • quinncummings.jpg

She was outstanding also with the Oscar nomination do not forget she also was nominated for a Golden Globe, she said she ended up quitting acting because she got tired of being in the spotlight.

One boring rainy night I watched this with my mom on Amazon Prime Video, she loves this old movie and I thought it was pretty good, the little girl did an awesome job.

Well never heard of this till this very instant reading this, what do you expect my dad was a kid when this came out.

I will try to find it and watch it on a rain-soaked day.

Quote from Film Fan on April 10, 2019, 10:51 pm

She was outstanding also with the Oscar nomination do not forget she also was nominated for a Golden Globe, she said she ended up quitting acting because she got tired of being in the spotlight.

A very good reason to walk away seems similar to Mara Wilson's reason.

This year 32 years since she gave that fine acting performance, I think she is just amazing to this day try and find and read some of her articles especially her first for Esquire.

Good for her to get out before Hollywoods filth consumed her, she was brill in The Goodbye Girl.

She was indeed brilliant in "The Goodbye Girl" a good romantic comedy from the 70s when Neil Simon used to spin these out on a regular basis.

On a side note, I love the theme song from David Gates of Bread, love the 70s music, when I listen to music over the decades I love 60s, and 70s and even 80s have some memorable music 90s onward, meh just noise.