Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Leif Garrett

Shot to fame and could not handle it, drugs booze you name it, there are 60-year-old women today still swooning over their love for Leif Garrett from back in their day...and his.

He was not much of an actor or singer for that matter he was a magazine pin-up boy and he milked it for all it was worth so good for him but led him down a dark path also.

Never heard of him.

Quote from Ronnny G on October 14, 2019, 9:40 pm

Never heard of him.

OK, obviously not even my mom was back in his heyday. lol He is definitely hot looking at all those pics, hot as in at that time.

Leif who? never heard of him obviously that child teen stars career did to keep up.

Quote from Jason on October 12, 2019, 11:46 pm

Shot to fame and could not handle it, drugs booze you name it, there are 60-year-old women today still swooning over their love for Leif Garrett from back in their day...and his.

Yes, I've heard of him. Big teen star one moment, hooked on drugs the next.

I found it funny because Jeremy Sumpter would look a lot like him.

First I have heard of him but I visited the gallery here and he was super hot, I then Googled for a recent pic and he sure did not age well.

Quote from Mellisa on October 10, 2019, 8:58 pm

@Donnie Darko you are horrible.

Did I lie about anything, did these events bot happen? did he not at 17 high on drugs and booze wreck his car and paralyze his friend and had to pay out millions?  did he not ruin his career because he is an addict and an alcoholic?

You want this, don't you: Emperor Palpatine

The 70s are before my time but I do know of Leif Garrett from those who were kids at that time who are in my family circle and from what is online. There was maybe no bigger teen idol he adorned all the teen magazines of that decade.

Looking at his resume he certainly was not big in terms of film and TV roles, he also was a bit of a sensation it seems when he eased into singing had some hits with cover versions, etc.

The fame the money I guess lead to distractions and he while in his teens got into drugs, as mentioned high as a kite he banged up his car seriously injuring a friend. This caused his a few cool million and I guess years of guilt and anguish that might have only deepened the drug and alcohol use.

Despite what you have today he sure had his heyday in the wonderful seventies but suffered from what so many who hit fame and fortune at an early age.

Wow! those photos he must have been worshipped back in the 70s by young girls. 🙂