Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Getting Even with Dad (1994)

I know a lot of people say this movie is lame and crap etc but I did like "Getting Even With Dad" when I first saw it and I still do to this day even though I have not seen it in a minute.

What it is about is Ray (Ted Danson) who is a thief and a jailbird has his son Timmy (Macaulay Culkin) show up to stay with him while he is planning a heist. So Timmy hides the coins they ripped off and blackmails his dad into spending more time with him to get the coins back.

I know the plot sounds lame but I think this movie is a lot better than its reputation it is kind of lighthearted and has some laughs along the way, what do you all think?

Uploaded files:
  • gettingevenwithdad.jpg

I did like this movie, I always liked movies where kids messed up adults and that is why the Home Alone movies are also favorites of mine. lol

This movie is super lame, no wonder Macaulay Culkin was nominated for a Razzie as the worst actor. The other two from the same year were just as bad as he was nominated for worst actor also for those so 3 in one year. lol

Just a few short years after the magic of the Home Alone movies Macaulay Culkin was already starting to lose some of that box-office appeal, he released three films that year and all three you would have to say were disappointments.

However, of that trio, I would say "Getting Even With Dad" was slightly amusing and a film that I easily sat through something I could not say for "The Pagemaster" and "Richie Rich."

Those horrible people over at the Razzies did nominate the young actor as worst actor for all three films, thankfully the kid lost to Kevin Costner who picked it up for his Wyatt Earp role in the film of the same name.

I did like Getting Even With Dad I thought it was cute and amusing also, then again I was a huge fan of Mac in his child/teen star days.

Juvenile junk, made only to see if they could catch lightning in a bottle on some of Macs former but waning popularity. Macaulay was brutal, I could enjoy him in "Home Alone" and he was a delight in "My Girl" and did ok work in "The Good Son" but he was brutal in those 94 films and three Razzie nominations were warranted.

Not a good movie by any stretch but as a kid, I did find it amusing, not funny but still watchable and kind of enjoyable.

I liked it when I first saw it and I saw it just once on video years ago when I was just a little girl. I see they have a points system now think of all the points I would have if it was there from the start. 😛

I also like it but then again I also liked The Pagemaster and Richie Rich. 😛

Quote from Jill W on May 24, 2019, 12:12 am

I also like it but then again I also liked The Pagemaster and Richie Rich. 😛

Getting Even With Dad and Richie Rich were kind of fun as a kid but Pagemaster was not.